Modern, Versatility & Sophisticated yet Economical
The LSX Series consists of a range of fully featured, single and three phase AC Power Sources. Available models range from 1.5kVA to 6kVA with an advanced programmable controller sporting a color touch screen user interface. Cost effective and fully programmable for both basic frequency conversion as well as advanced AC power line disturbance test and ATE applications. For applications not requiring advanced features, a basic function set M version of the LSX is available as well.
Note: The LSX Series is not CE marked yet at this time.
The LSX Series is a family of High Performance Switching AC Power Sources covering the power range from 1.5kVA to 6kVA (1). The product line offers both single and three phase models. Units are conservatively designed and output power ratings are based on the worst case combination of input line, output voltage, power factor, and temperature.
Great emphasis has been placed on low acoustic noise, ease of installation, and maximum power per cubic inch of rack space. Control and operational features provide a high degree of application versatility and ease of use for the test engineer. Applications range from simple, manually controlled frequency conversion (LSXM versions) to harmonic testing and sophisticated bus programmable transient simulation (LSX versions).
Power conversion within the LSX Series is achieved by high frequency pulse width modulation, resulting in cool, quiet and efficient operation.
|Model||Rated Power (VA)||Output Form||Output Volts-Max (VRMS)||Output Amps (Arms)||Input Power Form||Panel Height (U)||Weight (Lbs./KG)|
|Single Phase Models|
|Three Phase Models|
4 per Ø
7 per Ø
12 per Ø
16 per Ø
Models with Optional Transformer Coupled Output Voltage Ranges
|Model||Power (VA)||Form||Output Volts-Max (VRMS)||Output Amps (ARMS)||Power Form||Height (U)||
|Single Phase Models|
|Three Phase Models|
- All single phase output units (Model 115LSX excepted) are operable with dual voltage ranges as listed. Three phase units are operable as single phase with dual voltage range capability or as three phase. Output voltage ranges and 1ø/3ø conversions are selected by front panel or bus commands.
- Output voltage ranges listed are for standard units. VMAX is output voltage with nominal input and full rated load applied. Other voltage ranges are available with the output magnetics options.
- Peak Repetitive Pulse Current.
- Single phase input: 100, 110, 120, 208, 220 and 240 VAC +10%. Three phase input: 208,220,240,380,416 and 480 VAC +10%. (480 V input and 400 Hz input are each available as a cost option.) *Single phase version available for added cost.
LSXM Version Reduced Feature Set Summary
|Output Waveforms||Sine, Square, Clipped, Triangle. Arbitrary||Sinewave only|
|Phase Angles phase B, C||Programmable||Fixed: 120°, 240° or 240°, 120°|
|Programmable V,F slew rate||yes||yes|
|Programmable output Impedance (Prog-Z)||yes||no|
|Digital control interfaces||yes||yes|
|Embedded Web Server||yes||yes|
Key Features Provide Application Versatility
- 200 Waveform Library – Arbitrary Waveform Generator
- 15 to 1,200 Hz Operation – 5,000 Hz Bandwidth
- Precision True-RMS metering of volts, amps, and power for displays and reporting
- Compatible with PPSC Manager Windows Software
- Standard LAN, USB, GPIB and RS-232 Interfaces with SCPI compatibility
- 1 Phase/3 Phase Switch Selectable Output from front panel or bus command
- 200 stored programs for both static and dynamic Transient Testing
- LabVIEW for Windows®/LabWindows® drivers
- Waveform Creation by Harmonic Synthesis
- Metering of RMS and Peak Values
- High Speed Digital Scope function via web browser
- Harmonic Analysis (Voltage and Current)
- Continuous Self Calibration (CSC)
- Precision Voltage Programming – 0.05% with CSC engaged
- Programmable Output Impedance
- Up to 0-300 Vac Direct Coupled Output (split phase)
- Power Levels from 1.5 kVA to 6 kVA
- Externally Referenced Meter Calibration
- Design Provides Total Control of AC Power
Design Provides Total Control of AC Power
- All LSX Series power source models are equipped with a full programmable Oscillator/Controller using three advanced digital signal processors (DSPs).
- All Models include harmonics analysis and synthesis, Prog-Z and Inrush Current Measurement features.
- Available C Option for IEC 61000-4-13 interharmonics generation.
- Single phase power source models may be controlled to operate on either a 0-135 VAC range or a 0-270 VAC range. Three phase models are additionally switchable 3ø to 1ø output power form.
- Total control of the output power form and the selection of either the direct output or the optional transformer output is available from the front panel or the bus.
- All operating functions may be controlled from either the front panel or from a remote control / SCPI BUS. LabVIEW for Windows® and LabWindows® Instrument Drivers are available.
Special LSX Series Operating Features
Continuous Self Calibration
Provides for exceptional accuracy of the AC output Voltage. When enabled, accuracy improves to ±0.1% referenced to the power source internal voltmeter.
Programmable Dynamic Output Impedance – Prog-Z
Programmable Output Impedance provides the operator with the ability to dynamically control the output impedance of the AC Power Source. Using the output current term as conditioned feedback signal to the output voltage circuits, positive or negative impedance may be programmed. This control simulates the effects of, or compensates for high peak current, distribution, or transformer losses of up to ±10% of the output voltage.
This feature creates positive, negative, or zero output impedance (Zo).
- Compensates for line distribution or transformer losses.
- Simulates a soft power line for product testing. Compensation range is ±10% of the output voltage.
- Not supported on LSXM models.
Up to 200 different waveforms can be stored in the waveform library for execution as part of a steady state program or for substitution in any output phase as part of a transient test program. Memory location #1 is a non-editable high resolution sine wave. Locations 2-200 are editable and can be substituted in any output phase. Not supported on LSXM models.
A full-featured editor permits modification of a stored waveform in both time and frequency domains. This method can be used to quickly create spikes, dropouts, notches and other sub-cycle wave conditions. The resulting modified waveform is stored for execution in steady-state or transient programs. Not supported on LSXM models.
Provides both graphic and numeric displays of the harmonic structure of a voltage or current waveform on the front panel color display or in any web browser using the LAN or USB interface. Each waveform is analyzed for its harmonic content up to the 51st harmonic. Amplitude and phase are reported to the local display. Displays numeric values as well as a graphic summary of the harmonic spectrum. Not supported on LSXM models.
Waveform Scope Capture and Synthesis
A digital storage scope function captures voltage and current waveforms for up to three phases in real time. Display is available on the front panel LCD or with higher resolution on a web browser. To create harmonics waveforms for immunity testing, quickly create virtually any AC waveform by building it out of harmonics. The process is as simple as keying in the magnitude and phase angle of each desired harmonic up through the 51st. Additionally, waveforms can be created by downloading from a host PC. Not supported on LSXM models.
Time Based Transients
Create and execute transients that occur over a specified time segment to modify the output waveform, voltage, and frequency for any or all phases. An output trigger is provided for synchronizing external test equipment to the actual transient event.
Cycle Based Transients
Create and execute transients that substitute a waveform in any or all phases for 1 to 1 million or more cycles. The waveform being substituted can be selected and/or modified from the waveform library.
AC Test Power
The LSX Series Power Source is equipped with a powerful microcontroller supported by three additional digital signal processors to create a fully integrated test system. It supplies a variety of power conditions to the device under test and meters/analyzes all output performance parameters.
The LSX Series is an excellent source of stable AC voltage over the frequency range of 15 to 1,200 Hz. The output frequency is quartz-crystal stabilized. Output voltages up to 600 VAC are provided using transformer options.
With the ability to provide singe and three-phase outputs, the LSX Series is the perfect choice to provide 1 Phase to 3 Phase or 3 Phase to 1 Phase conversion.
Protective Transit Cases for Mobile Applications
Pacific Power Source offers rugged transit cases to protect your AC Source from adverse environmental conditions for mobile and/or military applications.
Environmental Protection (shock, vibration, moisture, heat),
Unrestricted Equipment Operation,
Quick Cover Removal & Installation,
Integrated wheels and Handles,
Stainless Steel Latches.
Available for following LSX models:
- 3U: 115LSX, 120LSX, 315LSX, 320LSX
- 5U: 140LSX, 160LSX, 345LSX, 360LSX
Power Source Specifications
15 to 1,200 Hz. Full Power
0.1% max for a ±10% line change.
15 to 200 Hz: < 0.25% , 200 to 1,200 Hz: Model and Form dependent. See datasheet.
With external sense enabled. Improves to less than 0.1% with external sense and CSC enabled.
15 to 200 Hz: < ±0.25% THD, 200 to 1,200 Hz: Model, Frequency and From dependent.
Ripple and Noise:
60 microseconds typical, 10-90% load step.
All models are designed for operation in 19 inch equipment racks. Models 4 kVA and higher have side handles for ease of handling.
Standard 19 inch rack. Slide rails are available as an option for all models.
Approximately 24 inch, from the front panel to the rear of the chassis.
Front or side forced air intake with rear exhaust. Automatic Fan Speed Control for low acoustic noise and extended fan life.
Dual Range Output Magnetics Options
LSX Series Power Sources can be equipped with output transformers to provide an alternate output voltage range. Selection of direct or transformer coupled range is performed by the controller via front panel or bus command. The standard frequency range for transformer coupled outputs is 45 to 1,200 Hz. Standard output ratios are 1.5:1, 2.0:1, and 2.5:1. Transformer outputs are supplied internally or externally via a Magnetics Module as listed in the above table. Consult the factory for additional information regarding special output ranges not listed above.
LSX Series Controller Specifications
All LSX Controllers include precise metering functions with data displayed via a 480×270 pixel graphical color LCD display. This, along with the dedicated Menu keys, softkeys and a decimal data entry keypad provides one of the most intuitive to operate AC power source controllers in the industry.
The LSX controllers include LAN (Ethernet) USB, GPIB and RS232 digital remote control interfaces as well as an number of analog and digital I/O control lines for system integration. Commands are structured in accordance with SCPI (Standard Commands for Programmable Instruments). The GPIB interface is compatible with the IEEE-488.2.
Range: 15 to 1,200 Hz.
Resolution: 4 significant digits, eg. 50.00, 400.0, etc.
Accuracy: ±0.01%, 15 to 1,200 Hz
Range: 0 to Vmax in 0.1 VAC steps.
Accuracy: Executive voltage is within ±50 mVAC (0.05%) of command voltage referenced to the internal voltmeter with CSC engaged.
Phase Separation of Phases B and C are programmable 0 to 360° relative to phase A.
Programmable Current, Peak Current, Power and VA Limit:
User programmable Current, Peak Current, Power and VA limit is standard of all LSX Models. . Programmable range is from 0 to max rating of the power source model.
The Output Voltmeter is true RMS reading and each phase is measured independently. Line to neutral and line to line voltages are displayed. Range: 0-354 VACL-N, 0-708 VACL-L. Resolution: 0.1 VAC to front panel, 0.001 VAC to remote interface. Accuracy: ±0.2% of range + cal. ref.
Output Ammeter is true RMS reading and each phase is measured independently. RMS and peak currents along with Crest factor are displayed. Range: 300% of system current rating. Resolution: 0.01 AAC to front panel, 0.001 AAC to remote interface. Accuracy: ±0.2% of range + cal ref.
Measures True Power (kW), Apparent Power (kVA) and power factor. Range: Based on ammeter. Resolution: 1.0 watts or VA to front panel, 1.0 watts or VA to remote interface.
Calculated and displayed to three significant digits.
Expanding the AC Power Source into an Automated Test System
Pacific’s line of Smartsource® AC Power Sources enable the user to easily automate his testing by using Lab VIEW for Windows® or LabWindows®. An extensive list of Virtual Instruments (VIs) are offered for Pacific’s LSX Series Power Sources.
120LSX Power Source
315LSX Power Source
320LSX Power Source
140LSX Power Source
345LSX Power Source
360LSX Power Source
LSX Series Video
LSX Series Introduction Video
Brochures & Manuals
Product Brochure and Application Notes
Download brochure to review product and application notes.