AC Test Power Re-imagined
The ADF Series is a family of high power, single phase or three phase, AC Power Sources. Available models range from 15kVA to 90 kVA . Using a modern user interface for ease of use, the ADF Series is cost effective and fully programmable for basic frequency conversion and power test applications.
The ADF Series consists of a range of High Power switch-mode AC Power Sources covering a power range from 15 kVA to 90 kVA and higher if needed. ADF models are available in either single phase or three phase output configurations. The ADF uses state-of-the-art digital power conversion technologies. Power density is among the highest in the industry allowing 15 kVA of power in only 4U (7″) of rack space.
Great emphasis has been placed on energy efficiency, ease of installation, and maximum power per cubic inch of rack space. Control and operational features provide a high degree of application versatility and ease of use for the test engineer. Applications range from manually controlled frequency conversion to programmed ATE AC line testing of AC powered products.
Power conversion within the ADF Series is achieved by digitally controlled, high frequency pulse width modulation, resulting in energy efficient operation.
The ADF includes standard analog and digital I/O functions for integration in automated test equipment (ATE). Standard output frequency range is from 45 Hz to 500 Hz, covering all commercial and industrial power frequencies as well as typical 400 Hz avionics testing. The available F option offers frequency range extension down to 15 Hz for railway applications and up to 1200 Hz to support 360Hz to 800Hz wild frequency avionics applications.
Standard output mode for the ADF is AC but for those customers that occasionally need to test DC powered product, the “D” option adds DC output mode if needed.
[product-catalogue id=’10’] 0
|Model||Rated Power (VA)||Output Form (5)||Output Volts-Max (Vac¹)||Output Amps/Phs (Aac²)||Input Power Form (3)||Height (U) (4)||Weight (Lbs./Kg)|
|Bench or Rack Mount Models|
|1150ADF||15000||1 Ø||300 (L-N)||125.0||3Ø||4||112/51|
|3150ADF||15000||2,3 Ø||300 (L-N)||41.7||3Ø||4||112/51|
|1300ADF||30000||1 Ø||300 (L-N)||250.0||3Ø||18||320/146|
|3300ADF||30000||2,3 Ø||300 (L-N)||83.3||3Ø||18||320/146|
|1450ADF||45000||1 Ø||300 (L-N)||375.0||3Ø||18||435/197|
|3450ADF||45000||2,3 Ø||300 (L-N)||125.0||3Ø||18||435/197|
|3600ADF||60000||2,3 Ø||300 (L-N)||166.7||3Ø||28||550/249|
|3750ADF||75000||2,3 Ø||300 (L-N)||208.3||3Ø||28||550/249|
|3900ADF||90000||2,3 Ø||300 (L-N)||250.0||3Ø||28||780/354|
- All ADF models have a single voltage range with constant power profile. This eliminates the need for switching between a high and a low voltage range. If desired, a low voltage range can be simulated.
- Maximum current ratings shown are available up to 120Vrms. Voltage and Current follow constant power profile so higher current at lower voltage and lower current at higher voltage is available.
- Three phase input: -2 Models: 208 to 240 VAC ±10% input range. -4 Models: 380 to 480 VAC ± 10% input range. All models have active power factor corrected AC inputs. Cabinet systems rated at 60kVA or higher are require 400/480Vac Input service (-4).
- Cabinet weights are approximate and vary with certain available cabinet configuration options.
- Three phas ADF models (3xxxADF) support three phase and split phase output. Option M may be added at time of order to add Single phase output mode as well. Option M does not apply to single phase ADF (1xxxADF) models.
Key Features Provide Application Versatility
- AC Output. (DC Mode available Option D)
- 45 to 500 Hz Frequency Range full power. (with Option F; 15 to 1200 Hz)
- Single, Constant Power mode 300V L-N/519V L-L voltage range
- Precision True-RMS metering of Volts, Amps, Power, VA, Power Factor and Crest Factor
- Extensive Analog and Digital I/O for ATE and system integration
- Available PPSC Manager Windows graphical user interface
- Also compatible with legacy UPC Studio graphical user interface
- Single Phase or Three Phase Output models
- Single Phase Mode Option M available for Three phase ADF models
- Clean Sine wave AC output
- Available in 208-240V or 380-480V 3 Phase AC input with Active PFC
- 200 stored programs
- Continuous Self Calibration (CSC)
- Precision Voltage Programming – 0.02% with CSC engaged
- Standard Models in Power Levels from 15 kVA to 90 kVA. Contact us for higher power.
- Standard RS-232, USB, GPIB and Ethernet Interface with SCPI compatibility
- LXI Compliant LAN/Ethernet with embedded web server
- IVI Instruments drivers
- CE (EMC/Safety) and Nemko (Safety) Marks
Design Provides Total Control of AC Power
- All ADF Series power source models are equipped with a digitally Programmable Controller.
- All operating functions may be controlled from either the front panel or from a remote RS-232, USB, LAN or GPIB interface.
- IVI Compliant Instrument Drivers are available.
Special ADF Series Operating Features
Continuous Self Calibration
Provides for exceptional accuracy of the AC output Voltage. When enabled, accuracy improves to ±0.02% referenced to the power source internal voltmeter.
Single Voltage Range with Constant Power Operation
More output current available at lower voltage setting without having to change range.
Create and save output settings (programs) for quick recall or set user defined soft key quick set values for commonly used voltage and frequency settings.
AC Test Power
The ADF Series Power Source is equipped with several powerful Digital Signal Processors to create a fully integrated test system. It supplies a variety of power conditions to the device under test and meters all output performance parameters. For applications requiring DC output instead, the D option can be added.
DC offset control
Patented technology is used to minimize any DC offset at the output of the ADF AC soruce. This reduces the risk of saturating AC input transformers on transformer coupled EUT input stages.
The ADF Series is an excellent source of stable AC voltage over the frequency range of 45 to 500 Hz. The output frequency is accurate to 0.01%. Available F Option extends frequency range to 15 ~ 1200 Hz.
With the ability to provide singe output, the single phase 1150ADF is the perfect choice for 3 Phase to 1 Phase conversion.
The ADF Series controller offers both manual and full programmable control. Front panel operation is menu driven using a combination of direct access menu keys to the left of the large color display and 5 soft keys located on the right of the display. The rotary knob can be used to scroll through menu fields and doubles as an ENTER key. The same knob allows for slewing of output parameters. A full decimal keypad is provided as well for direct parameter entry. The ADF can also be operated remotely from one of its included remote interfaces. Operation from a web browser via LAN or USB is also supported through the embedded web server of the ADF.
Protective Transit Cases for Mobile Applications
Pacific Power Source offers rugged transit cases to protect your AC Source from adverse environmental conditions for mobile and/or military applications.
- Environmental Protection (shock, vibration, moisture, heat),
- Unrestricted Equipment Operation,
- Quick Cover Removal & Installation,
- Integrated wheels and Handles,
- Stainless Steel Latches.
Available for following ADF models:
- 5U: 1150ADF, 3150ADF
Power Source Specifications
DC, 45 to 500 Hz. Full Power
15 to 1200 Hz with Option F
DC (option D)
Phase Output Modes:
1150ADF 1300ADF, 1450ADF: Single Phase (1),
3150ADF ~ 3900ADF: Split (2) and Three Phase (3)
(Available Single Phase mode option M on 3 Phase ADF models)
AC Voltage Range:
0 – 300 Vrms L-N / 0-520 Vrms L-L Constant Power Mode
DC Voltage Range (requires Option D):
0 – 425 Vdc Constant Power Mode
All ADF models are designed for operation in 19 inch equipment racks. Models above 15 kVA require parallel operating of one ADF Master unit and one or more auxiliary no-controller (NC) units. Models 1300ADF through 3900ADF are available as cabinet systems with all internal input and output wiring, terminal blocks and parallel connections included.
Standard 19 inch rack. Slide rails are available as an option for all ADF units.
See model table above for panel or cabinet height.
Approximately 25 inch, from the front panel to the rear of the chassis.
Front forced air intake with rear exhaust. Automatic Fan Speed Control for low acoustic noise and extended fan life. The available energy saving sleep modes of the AFX result in low power consumption during idle periods and extend the life of the product.
Expanding the AC Power Source into an Automated Test System
Pacific’s line of Smartsource® AC Power Sources enable engineers to easily automate their testing by using industry standard software development environments. The ADF series offers standard Ethernet/LAN connectivity, a browser interface, LXI compliance (LAN extensions for Instruments) to ensure inter operability with other LXI instruments and IVI (Interchangeable Virtual Instrument) driver to speed up ATE test program development.